Wednesday 6 January 2016

Top moments from 2015

So before I begin, I feel like I should explain myself regarding my absence (maybe more for my sake and record) because I think the past seven weeks is probably the longest I have been away from here. I can't say that it was because I was busy with work/study, considering it is now holidays. It was more because I was spending more time experimenting and learning, such as drawing with a graphics tablet, and had started to dabble with drawing and typography more. I'm quite excited to have these extra creative options but I am learning and definitely not up to the stage where I am fluent in using them..which poses my other reason and struggle. Posts became a challenge because I would struggle to decide how I should do it (shout out to my indecisiveness). I had too many ideas and I would never be 100% happy with any of them. But I've done some reflecting and have sorted things out, and I think I'm ready to get back to the grind of blogging again.  

Phew. Now that I've got that off my chest, let's start our stroll down memory lane. Shall we? 

2015. What a good year. It wasn't the best, but it was good. With many lessons learnt resulting in growing thicker skin and experiencing new challenges, it was a year to remember. Here are 10 of my favourite memories from 2015: 

1. I went to Melbourne with my best friend
This was my first travel trip that wasn't with my family. As with most travel trips, the idea came about half-jokingly. But I am so glad we pushed away our inhibitions about the trip and went, because it's probably one of my favourite trips I've been on. 
You can see my vlog of the trip here.

2. Being within 3 metres of Roger Federer
I've always admired the man. But it was always through the TV screen. It was definitely surreal (and such a fluke) seeing him in person.

3. I saw two of my favourite artists: Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran live in concert
Their live performance cannot compare to anything else. 

4. My friends got married
I attended 3 weddings last year. Two of which involved people who have had some influence in my life. It was such a joy being able to celebrate with them on their incredibly special day. The third wedding was also special because it was the first time I played piano for the procession of the bride. 

5. I discovered the wonderful world of donuts in Brisbane
Doughnut Time, The Doughnut Bar, then the Donut Boyz. There was no stopping me.

6. I turned 21
I went to Stradbroke Island on my birthday. It wasn't even a trip for me and most of the people in our group didn't even know it was my birthday. But that was the way I liked it. After all, being able to spend my birthday with some of my favourite people is what I liked the most. 

7. I saw my friends graduate
Days where I get to celebrate the milestones of my friends are my favourite kind of days. They were also days which I realised that we are all growing up and it will soon be my turn...

8. I volunteered at the Ekka
Never in my life have I scooped so many balls of ice cream. 

9. I went to Mackay for 6 weeks
This period of time was probably the most memorable of the year. This was the first time I had been away from home on my own for so long. And I had a blast. It was such an eye-opening experience in which I gained more independence, new friends and memories that I will never forget. 

10. Christmas and New Years
I celebrated Christmas and New Years with a few dinners, exchanging gifts, a guest appearance from Santa, watching the fireworks from my friend's deck and spending the first few hours of the new year having genuine chats with some of my best friends. No better way to end and start a year, in my opinion.  

I know that 2016 will bring as many memories as 2015. There will also be many challenges for sure, but what is a year without a challenge or two? I can only learn and grow from them. This year will be another roller coaster ride.. and I better hold on tight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment