Wednesday 20 January 2016

Chester Street Bakery | Newstead


 Chester Street Bakery has been on my go-to list for a while now because I have heard about it from so many people. Today, my friend and I decided to finally to see what all the fuss was about. After spending like 30 minutes trying to find a park (never again), we were finally rewarded with our lunch there. I ordered the confit ocean trout and my friend ordered the poached eggs, buttered kale, roast pumpkin and serrano ham. The confit ocean trout was very refreshing - perfect for a blistering Summer's day like today. However, with me not being a huge fan of salad and also not expecting it to be a salad, there was a bit of it left untouched.    

And since Chester Street is known for their sweets, we couldn't pass without trying one of their cakes. My friend and I decided to try the rainbow layer cake hoping that it would have a slightly lower sugar content compared to some of the other ones that just looked deadly. To our surprise, the icing on the cake was actually a cream cheese and cream frosting, and balanced fairly well with the dense sweetness of the vanilla sponge cake. 

I'm glad I could tick this off my list, but I can't say that I would choose to visit again. It's quite over-rated and over-priced and there are certainly better choices for brunch/lunch and dessert despite it being their speciality. But if you have a strong sweet tooth, you might enjoy your stay there.

Next on the list: Mister Fitz's Finest Ice Cream.  


Now playing: Too Much Time Together - San Cisco 

No comments:

Post a Comment