Monday 7 December 2015

November favourites

Here are a few things that made me happy in the month of November:

1. Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara. I never know what make-up products to purchase. The number of products available overwhelms me and I usually buy products on a whim or because of their price. I decided to try this particular mascara because it was waterproof and pretty cheap. I'm no make-up expert but I would say this one does its job well: it doesn't really clump up my lashes but leaves it soft, and it doesn't budge for the whole day.

2. Frannerd. I've been following Fran ever since Essiebutton introduced her on YouTube. I love her style of illustrations - it's definitely unique, quirky and really fun! Here is her blog and YouTube channel which has some really inspiring and fun content.

3. Nivea Body Lotion: Express Hydration. I've had this in my cupboard for a while now but have never used until when I squirted some in a smaller bottle to take with me to Mackay. And that was when I discovered its magical powers in making my skin feel baby smooth. I typically use it after I've taken a shower before I sleep and my skin just feels so soft and smooth the next morning. I have to say, this is the best body lotion I have used.

4. Calamine Lotion. This is a bit of a random item. During my outdoor adventures in Mackay (as well as just standing outside whilst on the phone), I got bitten so many times by mosquitoes. Mosquitoes seem to love me...but this love is not reciprocated. Calamine was something that really helped with my itchy bites. It dries a white/ chalky colour so it's probably best used at home, unless you want to walk around in public with patchy spots on your body.

5. Brisbane Etsy Made Local markets. I love Etsy and I love markets. So when the two joined forces, it was too good to be true. The markets were held last Saturday at Brisbane City Hall. The turnout for the markets was totally unexpected - there was a 20 minute wait to get inside when I arrived! They had a very good variety of stalls at the markets and many that I haven't seen before. A few of my favourites were Fox & Fallow, Timber & Co., and Unique LuLu.

6. Whitsundays. I had forgotten how beautiful this part of Australia is since my visit four years ago. I don't think anything can really compare to Whitehaven beach and the clear blue waters that surrounds it. And snorkelling in the Reef is an unmissable experience.  The reef was so beautiful and the fish are not afraid to swim up close. We even saw a turtle! I totally regret not taking my waterproof camera. 

3 comments:

  1. That mascara was the first one I really liked! Way back in 2012 hahaha. I wanted to go to Brisbane Etsy but I lost track of it and the day it happened I was having a weekend full of church events so I wouldn't have been able to go either way :/ Glad you enjoyed it though!
    The Whitsundays look so dreamy! Definitely a local gem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed your handwriting! :P Love these coloured illustrations so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you! :) I miss reading your blog!

      Delete