Thursday 26 November 2015

Bunker | Milton


Bunker is a place I had wanted to visit for quite some time. Mostly because my friend (featured above) frequently visits the cafe and posts the most beautiful photos of their coffee and interior on her Instagram. Bunker is a whole-in-the-wall type of cafe (hence their name, I presume) and it must be a fairly established place judging from how most of their walls have been swallowed up by a flourish of vines. I really love cafes that make use of plants to create and form their space (just like The Lost Boys in the valley) - it's something that really draws me to want to spend my morning or afternoon in. 

The Bunker's speciality is their coffee. They don't offer food/meals but only a simple cabinet of muffins, croissants and other pastries that seems untouched and forgotten on the side. Despite it being a blistering almost-Summer's day, my friend insisted that I try their hot coffee since it was my first visit. I decided on a mocha - which came in those chic double-walled cups and my friend ordered a cold dark chocolate milk. I really liked the mocha, even though it was more chocolate than coffee. I also tried a bit of the chocolate milk and it was incredibly creamy (something that might not be for everyone's taste).

I think I can add Bunker to my list of favourite places to visit. Not just because of their coffee, but for the space and for the fact that when I'm there, it feels like a hiding place that you don't want to share with anyone else. The whole experience is one of a kind.


Now playing: Let it go - James Bay (Live from Spotify London/2015) 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Bunker! I used to work up the road and would visit frequently before work and walk down Park Road to catch the Coronation Drive bus to Uni! Their hot chocolates are yum and their Heirloom choc milks (like the one your friend got) are a great summer alternative to cold brew coffee. I started dating my boyfriend through talking about Bunker (lol) so I (clearly) have a real attachment to this place! So glad you visited!

    ReplyDelete