Wednesday 11 November 2015

Coco Cubano | Wood St, Mackay



I mentioned in my previous post that Coco Cubano is very high up on my 'Places to Eat in Mackay' list. So I thought it would be fitting to dedicate a post about it - featuring one of my several visits there.

My friend and I decided to grab some brunch after church on a Sunday morning. I wasn't really sure what to expect for breakfast. Much of their lunch menu is inspired by Cuban flavours so I was unsure how breakfast would play out. A lot of it is typical of what you find at any other cafe, but you can either do those flavours the right way or just miss the mark. Coco Cubano definitely does not miss the mark with their flavours. And I think the dine-in environment and atmosphere they create really adds to an enjoyable experience every time.

I ordered "Eggs Your Way" which involved two eggs, with grilled baby spinach, homemade salsa on sourdough toast with extra haloumi (of course). My friend ordered 'A-poach-acado' which was two poached eggs serviced in an avocado drizzled with hollandaise sauce. I'm not sure if I was just particularly hungry, but every bit of it was devoured which usually means that I liked it (except for the salsa. I've never been a huge fan of salsa). Their lunch menu also deserves a big shout-out as well I think, especially their chicken tortilla and pulled beef cheeseburger.

I'm not sure if I can fit in another visit before I leave next visit, which makes me sad. But alas, all good things must come to an end. I enjoyed it while it lasted :)

This is a photo from another visit. It looks pretty quiet but they're usually hoppin' on a Friday night and weekends. 


Now playing: The Trouble With Us - Marcus Marr & Chet Faker 

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous fitout! Those flowers and lights on the marble bench... And I feel like the Cuban aspect of that breakfast was the salsa hahaha. I absolutely love cafes like this- need to find more like them in Brisbane that aren't charging $25 for basic breakfast!

    ReplyDelete