Friday 5 January 2018

When in Rome...

It's been a while since I've updated and there are so many things I want to share with you! But firstly, happy 2018! Another year, another set of adventures. It's been quite busy over the past few weeks with New Years and Christmas and all. I finally had some time to sit down and spare a few moments to share with you some photos of my favourite spots and moments from my Europe trip back in November/December. Let's start with Rome...

(You can click on the photos to enlarge them)

Before the trip, Italy wasn't the place I was most excited to visit. But thinking back to it now, I think Rome (and Florence) ended up being one my favourite places to experience. I miss walking through the cobblestone streets (even though they weren't too kind to my suitcase) and discovering beautiful nooks and alleyways with every turn. I miss the narrow streets of earth-toned apartment homes with their cute shutter windows. I miss walking through the city, turning a corner and finding the Colosseum or Pantheon just there in front of you.

We also visited other tourist points that I haven't shown - like inside the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and the Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele II (the monument for Italy's first king) but I feel like my photos won't justify the magnitude of these places. You really have to be there to appreciate (and be in awe) of their magnificence.

From the grand monuments to the details of their architecture, there is so much to take in and appreciate about the city. Rome is a very impressive city with a very impressive history. I hope that one day, if you haven't already, you will be able to experience Rome for yourself and understand why it's so special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment