I'm back with some recent favourites! These are some of the things that I have been enjoying during the past few months:
1. Banh Mi from Scotts Road Deli and Takeaway. This is hands down the best Banh Mi that I have eaten. I ordered the Vietnamese roast pork one and the pork was juicy, the bread wasn't too chewy, all the ingredients were fresh, and the pork crackle was on point. Best of all, it only cost $5!
2. UQ Alumni t-shirt. Over-sized, soft and perfect for lounging. What more do you want from a shirt?
3. Pentel Touch brush pen. This has been my go-to for lettering or doing any fancy headings. The brush tip is very easy to manipulate to get all those smooth transitions between thin and thick. You can find it at Officeworks for $3.10!
4. Australian Open. That mens' finals with Federer vs. Nadal though. SO. INTENSE.
5. Gippsland mango and blood orange yoghurt. You have to try it to believe how good it is. And the last time I checked, it's currently on sale at Coles!
6. Crank rockclimbing. I've been religiously going to rockclimbing every week for the past month now. This has been mostly motivated by a 10-pass coupon that a group of my friends and I got from Groupon (otherwise, it's quite expensive to go) and even after going a few times, I've already been seeing my overall body strength improve.
7. Ed Sheeran's music comeback. I think you can be one of two different people: those who are still jamming to 'Shape of You' whenever it comes on the radio, or those who switch stations and get annoyed when that station is also playing the same song. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm still the former hehe.
8. Gilmore Girls. I could probably dedicate a whole blog post about Gilmore Girls but I will withhold myself. I feel like I had been vicariously living a Gilmore Girl life for the past few months as I watched from Season 1 all the way to the new revival. The withdrawal symptoms were quite real when it was all over.
9. Black Mirror. After Gilmore Girls, I didn't know where to turn to. I was recommended Black Mirror and although it's not my usual genre of choice, I really enjoyed it. It's a very suspenseful, thrilling and intriguing show. Each episode is a new story with a new cast but they all have the running theme of technology in the modern world and the uneasy and unsettling side of it that we often don't see. Definitely one to check out!