Monday 21 November 2016

The end of another chapter


Last week marked the end of my university degree. 

The idea still makes my head spin a little bit. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I won't be starting a new semester after holidays like I have been for the past 5 years, but I will be a...working adult (whaaat?!). Over the past week, I have been met with questions of "How is the job search going?", "Have you got anything lined up?", "What are you plans for the holidays?" While some of my friends have exciting and solid answers to those questions, my answers seem a little lacklustre: "I'm not too sure", "I don't have any jobs lined up", "I haven't started looking for jobs yet",  "I think I'm just going to take it easy for a while and gradually get into jobs and see what comes up."

Unlike many of my friends whose sole goal is to find a job next year, my mind is torn between several ideas. Finding a job and working is definitely one of them, but I also have ideas that have been put on the back burner during the past couple of years because I had wanted to focus on my studies in the meantime. But now that I seemingly have an endless holiday, I am hoping to start the ball the rolling with some of these ideas.

The first idea is to learn sign language. During one of our subjects last year, we had the chance of learning key word sign. Ever since that experience, I have wanted to take it a step further and learn more about sign language. I thought that it would be a great addition to my set of skills if I ever find myself working with people with disability or a hearing impairment, and it can even be a great tool for ministry.

The second idea is taking a few subjects at bible college. It has always been a thought at the back of my mind since graduating from high school. I still remember the moment when I was strolling through QUT Kelvin Grove with my mum for open day in 2011 talking about my future options and I told her that I might even go to bible college instead of university. I guess the idea has stuck with me until now. I'm not really sure about the logistics of fitting in classes within my schedule if I'm also planning to work but I'm sure God will provide a way for things to work out if He wills.

Lastly, but probably the most ambitious idea, is to start my own little business selling paper goods. This idea came about a year or so ago when I dipped my toes into the world of lettering and sketching. I had started following more and more artists who were owners of their small business and I became very inspired by them. I know I have still a long way to go with this idea and my creative art skills have a lot of dusting off to do, but it's a project that I think will be a proud accomplishment if it ever comes to fruition.

In the meantime, I have many smaller projects to tick off the list before the year ends, such as catching up on blog posts, making my 2017 calendar, selling clothes at markets and my Japan trip vlog that is nearly a year overdue. (Watch this space!)



For God has not given us a spirit of fear or timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats such an important life event! Like such an important milestone and many congratulations to you on achieving this! Wish you all the best for future

    ReplyDelete