Saturday 31 October 2015

Hues of the earth


A couple of weekends ago, my friends and I decided seize the opportunity to make a trip out to Cape Hillsborough National Park. We were all pretty exhausted from placement and our assignments during the week so we were desperately needing a getaway.

Cape Hillsborough is beautiful spot that is about an hour drive away from where we stay. The drive there was already so scenic - painted with distant mountains, farm and fields of sugar cane, but we were met with an even more beautiful view at the top of our trek. The sea was like this incredibly clear and blue blanket that covered as far as they could see - something that I know I won't be able to see very often.


On the way back home, we made a detour to my friend's cousin's home on a farm. I've never known someone who owned a farm and it was such a wonderful experience for many reasons. They had geese, chicken and dogs roaming around freely and acres of land that is their backyard. I made acquaintance with their dogs who were just so playful and would jump up as if to invite you to play with them. After taking a backseat on their quad-bike for a 10 minute ride out to check out their cattle yard, I was allowed to take the driver's seat on the way back to the house and it was so much fun! Definitely the most memorable part of the day..as well as the moment where my friend's cousin's dad thought it would be cheeky to throw mini firecrackers in our direction and scare the life out of us when they popped. He's a bit of a big kid, that one. 


Now playing: Hurt me - Låpsley

No comments:

Post a Comment