Tuesday 8 September 2015


Weekly Illustration #5:
A throwback and a combination of the past two weeks.

This one is a bit messy and although I had started with an idea, I didn't really know where I was going with it after halfway. But nonetheless, I managed to get most of the things from the two weeks onto paper and was reminded of some of the better times that had escaped my memory (so much to be thankful for!).  

I found myself in the inner suburbs of Brisbane a lot over the past couple of weeks and because some parts of it is still unfamiliar to me, the 'Maps' app on my phone has been my best friend for a few of my trips (hence the map-inspired layout). I'm finding that there are more and more things to do popping up around Brisbane and it's made me take back my opinion that there is nothing to do in this city. Maybe the Southside suburbs is a little unexciting but overall, you're not bad Brisbane, not bad at all.. 


I'm not sure how I will go with illustrating the next few weeks. Although it's enjoyable, it is time consuming - and I predict there will be a lot of study and pre-placement reading before I head off. And of course, I would not want to jeopardise placement experience over time spent on sketching (priorities!). But we'll see - maybe I can sneak in a few here and there :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment