Sunday 30 June 2013

The Burrow


290613 // Dinner + movies night out with the sister. 
Since the trailer for World War Z came out, my sister and I have been wanting to go check it out (probably more for my sister than me since it's about zombies..) I was undecided whether I would fully like it since I am not the biggest fan of zombies and also because I accidentally bought 3D instead of 2D...but it turned out to be a really great movie full of action, suspense and the handsome Brad Pitt, and not too much gore and freakiness from zombies. Definitely a film I would watch again! 

Before the movie, we went to a restaurant in West End called the Burrow which was quite cosy with the wooden interior, comic book wall paper and stained glass planes; a place that reminded me of one of those pub places from Shrek...The starters ranged from seared scallops to beer battered chips and the mains consisted of different gourmet pizzas. All very appetising! 




For starters: Moons of Neptune - seared scallops with cider braised pork belly, celeriac purée, apple jelly and fennel jam.

For main: a pizza called Barbarossa - Turkish style lamb, red onion, capsicum,
mushroom, tabouleh finished with yoghurt dressing.



For drinks: Rekorderlig - Strawberry-lime cider.

No comments:

Post a Comment