I was writing up a character profile on Willy Wonka (from Charlie and Chocolate Factory) and the word 'introvert' came to mind to describe him. I did some more research and I realised that I actually can relate to many of the characteristics of an introvert...
1. It's not easy for introverts to make new friends because getting to know someone takes so much energy.
2. They prefer the company of one or two close friends, even though that may know many people.
3. Introverts need a lot of personal space. They often desire to be alone in order to think or regain energy.
4. They tend to enjoy activities they can do alone or with a few others.
5. They tend to enjoy activities that allow for creative expression.
6. Introverts tend to be quiet and subdued; they dislike being in the centre of attention, even if the attention is positive.
7. They tend to listen more than they talk.
8. They tend to say what they mean and may look away from the person they're talking to. They dislike small talk and would rather say nothing than something insignificant.
9. Introverts would rather express their ideas in writing than in speech. When they do speak, they need time to think before answering a question and they may pause often or even have problem finding the right words.
10. They don't like crowded places.
11. They feel deeply embarrassed about public mistakes.
12. They highly aware of their surroundings. However, they are not quick to discuss their thoughts or observations.
The label 'introvert' is clearly misjudged in society as people often think that introverts are depressed and anti-social. However, they are as capable in social situations as extroverts; introverts just need more space and personal time. People just need to accept who they are and their ways of dealing with life.
On a less psychological note, the weekend has been a fun one and I am so glad to have spent with some of my favourite people :)
One of my friends worked at a Thai restaurant and last night was his last night working at the restaurant. So a bunch of us (specifically 16 of us) decided to pay him a visit and have dinner there while he was working. Naturally, we hassled him about a lot of things but it was all fun :) I haven't had much Thai food before and even though the restaurant was not authentic Thai, it was still very delicious. We then ventured to buy BarBoo gelato (my favourite ♥) and back to a friends place where we chilled with music and card games. I am so incredibly grateful for my friends :) They can never cease to make my day.
Loving Bon Iver at the moment ♥ Their music is all you need sometimes when you're in that certain mood.