Wednesday 8 August 2012

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and of self-discipline." - 2 Timothy 1:7

Refresh!
The past weekend I went to a Bible Leadership Training conference (I think that was the technical term) called REFRESH :D After not having such a great week and feeling like my life was going nowhere, the conference really taught me many things and I definitely came out of it 'refreshed' (hence the name of the camp/conference?). Although most of the weekend was spent sitting down and listening to talks (which were given by an awesome speaker), it was definitely worth it in the end because I got so much out of it!

Things I learned and was reminded of:
1. It's all about Jesus - all things were created by Him and for Him! Everything we do, say and think should reflect the character of Jesus.
2. Even when we have hit a low in life and we feel like we just can't do it any more, we should be reminded of the hope of Jesus and the promise of eternal life with him. And don't think that you are alone in your pain and suffering, because Jesus has been there and done that; He will always carry your burden for you if you let Him.
3. Courage is not the absence of fear but the dethroning of fear. Don't let fear rule in your life!
4. God's will for each of us is to BE LIKE JESUS.
5. HOPE - in Jesus and for the end.


So after a great weekend, Monday was back to uni...but at least uni is not too bad at the moment. The work for each of the subjects is not too strenuous but I know I still need to work hard in order to not fall behind and go crazy. For one of my subjects (called Visualisation) we had to make an abstract model and then do some sketches of it and also take photos of it for our presentation boards which are due next week. It was quite fun taking photos and here are just some of them: (not sure if they look the same on the computer as on the camera because the brightness changes! D:)


No comments:

Post a Comment