Friday 12 May 2017

In transit

It's been a while since I have done a more casual and candid post where I updated this space with all the bits and pieces that I have been up to over the past few months. I was scrolling through my camera roll and it was flooded with so many photos of all the food, events, and odd moments that have made this 'in between study and work' period of my life more bearable and enjoyable. Here are some of the snapshots that I've plucked from my photo album: 

I discovered and visited a lot of small boutiques and thrift stores last month in West End. Nook was one that I particularly enjoyed. It resides in a small and humble cottage in an unexpected spot and showcases products by small businesses, ranging from hand-made jewellery to quirky cards, vintage clothing and tea. They also have a resident cat that you might find napping by the window. Doesn't that all just sound like the perfect little shop?  

I also visited quite a few new cafes and food spots over the past months, including Miss Bliss Whole Foods Kitchen who were the ones who made the beautiful plate of food that you can see above. Other top spots included Nodo, Campos Coffee, The Jam Pantry, Smoked Paprika, Clay Coffee and The Smug Fig.

My friend, Jewel, bought me tickets to see Vallis Alps for my birthday. It was the first time I had been to a small gig in the valley. I wasn't sure what to expect but I loved every bit of it. I walked out of it very sweaty, with my heart pounding and very much in love with the idea of small intimate gigs. And I'm so glad Vallis Alps was the first to break my dry spell of small gigs.

For my 23rd birthday this year, some of my girlfriends and I went to Kith 'n' Chow for a Sunday lunch. I had never been before but have heard good things about it, especially the platter (featured above). Although we were hijacked by many flies during the meal, all the food was well made and it's close and convenient location makes it a place I would love to visit again. 

There was a moment in April where I was on a bit of an adventurous, creative and inspired streak. A product of that was me signing up to a polymer bead jewellery workshop on a Sunday afternoon. I had seen so many polymer bead necklaces on Etsy and at markets that I decided I wanted to know how to make them for myself. Attending a workshop was another 'first' for me and it was such a relaxing time (maybe rolling beads and kneading play dough-like clay has something to do with it). It's definitely something fun to do with your mum or your girlfriends. 

At the end of April, Daniel and I did a double-date day trip to Maleny. It was something that had been on our "to-do" list for a while and we finally found a day during the uni holidays where all of us were free. There were a few spots that I wanted to visit, including this really cute and rustic and everything-that's-in-it-is-perfect-and-charming cafe called Shotgun Espresso. It didn't disappoint. What was disappointing about the day was that it was bloody windy and cold which resulted in 3/4 of us getting the sniffles. But all in all, a drive to a quaint little town with fun company always guarantees a good time.

I chopped half of my hair off! My friend asked me to accompany her to get a haircut and I left with one too. Well...okay, I sort of planned it but I didn't plan how much to cut off. I found this google image of a nice short hair cut, showed it to the lady and I walked out with this^. It has taken me a while to get use to it and I can't tie up my hair without strands of hair falling out...but after buying some styling mousse and doing some trials with a hair curler, I think I finally know how to style this mop. 

Other highlights from the past few months included:
1. Eating my first (and probably last) HSP. 
2. Going the daunting process of job interviews. 
3. Celebrating one-year with the boy.
4. Further developing my small business idea.
5. Attending a weekly AUSLAN community class to learn sign language.
6. Seeing Adele and being charmed by her candid British-ness.
7. Rock climbing and meeting so many new friends.
8. Making some pretty smashing white chocolate mocha macarons. 

Even though there has been tough patches during the past few months where I would feel listless and pitiful, I have been thankful for the time that I have to invest in other people and my other interests (while also applying for every suitable job that is posted). I have to be constantly reminded of God's sovereignty and to trust in His timing. The wait may seem endless but so are His provisions.


Now playing: Hollow Coves - The Woods

2 comments:

  1. It is very good to know that you share some of the best memories of your life. The food really seems very delicious and attractive. Especially the plate you share is so amazing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really good post, always good to learn about happenings in one's life. Thank you for sharing your experience with us

    ReplyDelete