Wednesday 15 July 2015

Little Loco Cafe | New Farm

   I've had my eye on the Little Loco Cafe after my friend introduced it to me a couple months ago. After finding a morning when none of us had work or other commitments, the girls in my small group from church and I decided to make a visit to this cafe in New Farm. Located on a quiet street of quaint Queenslanders, it didn't seem like it would be a bustling place; but despite it being in an out-of-the-way location, there was still a steady trickle of people coming in and out (but not enough to make it feel over-crowded). And considering the cloudy and cool weather today, it offered quite a comfortable and cosy location to enjoy a chat over a meal. 

Mushrooms, breakfast burger and avocado toast. It all sounds mediocre but Little Loco managed to add their own flair to (literally and metaphorically) spice it up a little. Despite the menu being not very extensive, I still struggled to pick what I wanted (mostly because the other girls had quickly picked the ones that I initially had my eye on and I wanted to mix it up a little by not getting the same things). In the end, I followed my heart and chose avocado (no surprises there) on toasted house-made corn bread with pistachio dukkah, lime and added haloumi. Best part about it: the haloumi that was perfectly toasted. The not-so-best part about it: the corn bread that didn't sit right with my personal preference. The final verdict: possible re-visitation to try their smoothies and for more seriously good haloumi.

No comments:

Post a Comment