Tuesday 2 June 2015

Spinach and Feta Puffs

Whenever I am asked to bring-a-plate for a party, these spinach and feta pastry puffs (recipe found here) are my go-to since they are quite simple to make but are packed with delicious-ness (which means you won't have that fear of it tasting strange when it comes out of the oven). Spinach and feta is also one of my favourite combinations- especially when it is encased in some nice puff pastry. This time round, the occasion was an engagement party which I attended over the weekend and I was able to whip these up in no time.

I tend to stray a little bit from the recipe when it comes to portions of certain ingredients. Considering this recipe only serves 4-6 and I needed to make more than 20, I estimated the amount of each ingredient I needed but still ensured that there was the right balance of everything. I also didn't include dill and olive oil since I'm personally not a big fan of them. These also smell incredible when they are baking in the oven and it almost made me want to keep all of them for myself to eat. But food is made for sharing and I am quite glad that I was able to come back home with an empty tray.

Note-to-self the next time I make them: try to defrost the spinach for a couple hours beforehand or else trying to squeeze all the water out while it is ice cold will freeze all of your fingers off.

No comments:

Post a Comment