Monday 25 May 2015

The Pantry HQ | Springwood


It's a rarity finding nice outdoor brunch spots on the south side of Brisbane. But when you do, they seem to be in the most random and desolate spots. My friend, April and I visited this cafe, quite close to where we both live, called The Pantry HQ for the first time. It's situated in a complex of medical clinics (including a speech pathology one! My own kind! I was quite excited to stumble upon it) and along a quiet street with other businesses that were also closed for the weekend. So it was a pretty quiet spot but the cafe itself was bustling with people looking to grab a bite and coffee. 

We were seated outside which was quite bold of us considering the chilly breeze that morning, but the inside seemed to emit the warmth you can only get with wooden and vintage interiors. They also had an impressive display of cakes and slices showcased next to the counter which I would most definitely try when I revisit. 

The menu consisted of the typical things you would expect for breakfast, but unlike all the "higher-end" brunch places, most of the choices were quite homey and modest (none of those hipster spices, seeds and cheeses). Still following my love for avocados, I ordered avocado and egg on toast and a warm mocha. And my friend ordered a ham and cheese omelette with tomato chutney and toast. There was something about their toast that made it taste really delicious..even though it was simply white bread. And there is never any fault in the combination of avocado and egg. Mornings like these are simply the nicest way to start a weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment