Sunday 29 July 2012

I never complain about getting up early on Sunday mornings because this time is a combination of things I love doing: worshipping God and spending time with people who I love.
I never acknowledge how blessed I am to be able to be so free and be blessed with so many great people and privileges :)

On the topic of faith, I read this the other day and it was very compelling:

What is my vision of God's purpose for me? Whatever it may be, His purpose is for  me to depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay calm, faithful, and unconfused while in the middle of the turmoil of life, the goal of the purpose of God is being accomplished in me. God is not working toward a particular finish- His purpose is the process itself. What He desires for me is that I see "Him walking on the sea" with no shore, no success, nor goal in sight, but simply having the absolute certainty that everything is all right because I see "Him walking on the sea". It is the process, not the outcome, that is glorifying God. What people call preparation, God sees as the goal itself.

This has made me realise what and how much of my life I have been doing wrong! But I'm glad this has compelled to change things and see things differently :)

So on the topic of doing things differently, I have vowed to myself that I will make this semester at uni a good one. I think I may have already said this in another post, but I am definitely determined to have a better attitude as I head into this semester. I know that there will be tough times but a positive attitude always helps.

Moving on, I have recently started to make up another wish list in my head. But now that I have said it, I would have forgotten half the things on that list. Of course these things I can only buy when I have an income and getting a job is still in progress.


I have been in such a introspective mood these few days that it may have made me sound a bit depressed...but I'm definitely not! (That was to those who thought I was depressed D: I'm not!) There have just been a lot of things I have been thinking about and it just puts me in a mood. But I guess I'm growing (not physically...) and growing takes a lot of learning and strength; it's just another stage in life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment